To develop strategies to reduce the risk of suicide and provide education to the community of Lebanon County through the collaborative efforts of service providers and agencies.
- Promote awareness that suicide is a public health problem that is preventable.
- Develop broad-based support for suicide prevention.
- Develop and implement strategies to reduce the stigma associated with being a consumer of mental health, substance abuse, and suicide prevention services.
- Identify, develop, implement, and evaluate suicide prevention programs.
- Promote efforts to reduce access to lethal means and methods of self-harm.
- Improve access to community linkages with mental health and substance abuse services.
- Improve reporting and portrayals of suicidal behavior, mental illness, and substance abuse.
TASK FORCE MEMBERS:
The Lebanon County Suicide Prevention Task Force is a collaboration of community members, providers, and schools working together for the prevention of suicide.
All community members are welcome to join our team!
4th Tuesday of each month
Lebanon County MH/ID/EI
220 E. Lehman Street
Lebanon, PA 17046
Contact: Holly Leahy at (717) 274-3415
TO MAKE A DONATION:
Send check payable to “Community Health Council of Lebanon” with “Suicide prevention” in the memo to:
Community Health Council of Lebanon
Attn: Vicki DeLoatch
615 Cumberland Street
Lebanon, PA 17042