The Lebanon County Tobacco Coalition offers a wide range of tobacco control services for the community and workplace including:
Young Lungs at Play
A playground initiative for public and private playgrounds to adopt tobacco free play spaces. We supply self-regulating signs to post in playgrounds. Available in English an Spanish. Join the growing list of Lebanon County locations including:
- The Lebanon Valley Family YMCA
- Cleona Parks and Recreation
- Richland Borough and American Legion
- Deer Lakes Apartments
- Bethel Township
- Swatara Township
- Jackson Township
- H.M. Levitz Memorial Park
- Hilltop Playground
- Palmyra Recreation Association
Freedom From Smoking tobacco cessation classes: Community and Workplace
- This program can be offered for FREE to at your place of employment. To arrange a class, call Lebanon Family Health Services at 273‑6741 ext. 310 or visit our website.
- This program is also offered 2-3 times a year for FREE to members of the community. For information on the next available class, call Lebanon Family Health Services at 273‑6741 ext. 310 or visit our website.
Freedom from Smoking is a 8-week program developed by the American Lung Association. During the 8 weeks, participants learn about their personal addiction to tobacco products, how to overcome cravings, stress management, tips to prevent future relapses, and much more. Classes are facilitated by a trained and certified instructor. Funded by the American Lung Association of the Mid-Atlantic (South Central Region) and Health Promotion Council (Southeastern Region). LFHS provided tobacco control services for Lebanon, Schuylkill, Berks and Lancaster counties.
Participants receive free nicotine replacement therapy vouchers (nicotine patch, gum and lozenges) if they wish to use any of these products to aid in the process of quitting.
PA “Fax to Quit” Training
- This training is available to all worksites. For example:
- small and large private businesses
- human service agencies
- physician and dental offices
- healthcare services
- public municipalities
A trained tobacco cessation facilitator will visit your staff and train them in how to use the PA “Fax-to-quit” tool. This allows participants to offer clients and customers a direct link to the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s 24-hour Quitline. This program offers FREE weekly phone counseling and Nicotine Replacement Therapy (gum, patch or lozenges). For more information call Lebanon Family Health Services at 273‑6741 ext. 310 or visit our website.