The Lebanon County Teen Pregnancy Prevention & Support Network is offering a scholarship, in partnership with the Lebanon County Home Economics Association, to a single parent meeting the criteria, wishing to pursue a career to help him/her obtain a certification that will lead to living wage employment. This general scholarship will cover the full cost of tuition for one of the programs listed on the application.
Applications must be submitted by ___April 30, 2019
Preference will be given to the following criteria:
- Applicant is a Lebanon County resident enrolled or seeking to enroll in a workforce related program at HACC’s Lebanon Campus.
- Applicant is enrolled or seeking to enroll in a certification course connected to food and nutrition, wellness or consumer skills in its entirety to receive the award.
- Applicant is a single parent participating in one or more of the following: Mentor a Mother, PinnacleHealth Nurse-Family Partnership, Penn State Extension Nutrition Links, IU 13’s Education Leading to Employment and Career Training (ELECT), Knights of the 21st Century, Child and Adolescent Service System Program (CASSP), Early Headstart, parenting classes at Lebanon Family Health Services, Lebanon Pregnancy Center or attending a parenting classes through a Lebanon county provider.
- Applicant has financial needs that are unmet and other funding is not available to pay the tuition.
- Applicant has adequate childcare provisions or is willing to participate in childcare that is available through community resources for children.
- Applicant is between the ages of 17 – 25.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee comprised of representatives from the Teen Pregnancy Prevention Support & Network and the Lebanon County Home Economics Association. The recipient of the scholarship will have the tuition paid for the program to HACC upon completion of the course.
Applicants are considered without regard to race, creed, color, sex, religion or national origin
Please don’t forget to submit your reference and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Failure to complete the program and any certification or internships will result in the recipient being responsible for tuition.